Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What if I'm not ready...

{to let go of my house}

IMG_4565

Can I take it with me?  Why can't we put our cul-de-sac and our perfect house in the moving truck with us? 

IMG_4564 IMG_4575

My eyes filled with tears when we were signing papers yesterday with the realtor.  It is so strange to be so excited about something and sad all at the same time. 

I am so excited to call Colorado, home.  I can get in my car and drive 2 hours and see my sister, Kelly, Kyle and Chelsey.  We can meet each other for lunch in Denver, craft together on days off.  There will be an airport in town and an hour away.  I can drive 1 hour up the road and be in Denver where there is culture, concerts, a children's museum, kid activity galore.  We can teach the boys how to ski, go sledding and build snowmen.  The summers won't suffocate me with the humidity, the bugs won't fly me away to wherever they go.  There will be seasons, snow, mountains, hiking, skiing....  I will experience new adventure, new friends, new places, new scrapbooking stores, and new places to photograph. 

There will not be our house, the one we watched being built from the dirt up.  The house that my Mom helped me make curtains and valances for.  The house where she knew I was.  The only home my kids have known.  A place where we never have to lock our door, ever.  There will not be the great friends I have here, my job. (I love the girls I work with)  Brent's family will not be close by who we spend so much time with.  All of our get-together's, crazy trips to Biloxi, long holiday weekends, and New Years Eve.  There will not be the cul-de sac that we have spent hours watching our kids ride bikes and playing ball with Hunter.  The 3 acres in our backyard that we can watch nature at it's best.  All the hummingbirds that we feed in the summer...I mean more than you can imagine...30 little birds at any given time.  There will not be the security of Brent being home every night with no fear of a deployment breathing down our back. 

Our life in the military...hard to say good-bye to all that we knew, but so exciting to say hello to all the new things that await us.  I have loved the last 3 years here in Alabama (hard to imagine that) and I will love the next 4 years in Colorado. 

 

No comments: